59 West Cedar St #3
Boston, MA 02114
2007-Present LOUISBURG PROPERTIES, Boston, MA
Real Estate agent Real Estate Sales/Rentals in Beacon Hill
2005-Present CAMBRIDGE CENTER FOR ADULT EDUCATION, Cambridge
Classroom Guitar Instructor Introduction to Jazz Guitar
course (6 to14 students)
2004-2005 WALDORF HIGH SCHOOL, Belmont, MA
Classroom Guitar Instructor and Private lessons
2002-Present GUITAR INSTRUCTOR, Boston, MA
Private Lessons (all levels)
1996-2002 KURLAN MUSIC, Worcester, MA
- Teaching private weekly 30-minute guitar lessons to 50 to
70 students from beginner to advanced levels.
- Assessing students level of skill and creating individual
- Teaching sight-reading, improvisation, technique, music theory,
blues, rock, jazz, classical, acoustic, electric.
- Responsible for scheduling lessons, all bookkeeping, banking
and collecting payments.
- Webmaster for kurlanmusic.com including being responsible
for creating web pages, on-line marketing, graphic design, e-commerce,
and setting up server.
- April 2004 on Liquid Note Records, J.A.M. Guitar Instrumental
CD Project with European guitarists Alessandro Benvenuti and
- Released Joel Rivard CD January 2003 with mostly original
- Featured in jazz song book, "The Jazz Worcester Real
Book" a spiral-bound book features biographies, profiles,
vintage photographs and original musical compositions by 100
Worcester jazz artists from the 1930s to the present. (December
- The Joel Rivard Jazz Group, solo classical and jazz guitarist.
- Along with well-known guitarists, Jon Finn and Greg Howe,
Legato Records' compilation instrumental guitar CD, "Guitar
on the Edge" Vol. 5 (1996)
- Featured in Guitar Player Magazine's Spotlight Column:
- "Proficient at neo-classical sweep runs, chord-melody
jazz, chicken-pickin' country, and modern blues lead, Joel Rivard
is a technically awesome jack-of-all-licks . . . The Bostonian's
playing is certainly impressive, maybe even virtuosic."
(Guitar Player, March 1996)
- QUINSIGAMOND COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Worcester, MA
Graphic and Web Page Design Courses, 2000-2001
- BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC, Boston, MA
- Knowledge of HTML, Applescript, Photoshop, Illustrator, Internet,
MAC, Installation of Software, Email.
- Experience in creating web pages, on-line marketing, graphic
design, e-commerce, and setting up server.
- Graphic Design . . . specifically designing CD covers and
REFERENCES Available upon request
/ Listen / Booking / Biography / Lessons / Graphic
Design / Shows / Photos